3.1.10

Eff that.

I didn't make a New Year's resolution this year because I think they're silly. Instead, I'm making a list of all the very seriously excellent things that have happened in my life since last January (in no particular order). We'll figure out this upcoming year later.

1. Graduated college
2. Moved to France
3. Saw awesome live music (Fleet Foxes, Animal Collective, Busy P, Armin van Buuren, The Roots)!
4. Went on some great roadtrips (Potsdam, Caravan)
5. Fell in love!
6. Became a vegetarian for realz
7. Saw the Presidential Inauguration of Barack Obama
8. Visited the Mediterranean coast
9. Changed my beauty/body lifestyle -- started making my own shampoo, abandoned lotion, let my hair grow out…
10. WWOOFed (more serious WWOOFing adventures to come in February)

On a smaller scale, I've had other successes in the past year as well, like taking up some new hobbies (rock climbing, hiking, cycling), starting to learn another language (German), reading all the books I've been meaning to read for years, getting my first paid piece of writing published. And there are all sorts of things currently in the works -- graduate school, living in New York, a reunion with my friends from Australia (Brussels in April!), a halfway-crocheted alpaca scarf that's been sitting on my desk waiting to be finished. 2009 was awesome, en effet!

It amuses me, makes me happy, and allows me to realize the inevitable mutability of the human mind that, after each passing year, I'm convinced I've had the best year ever.

6 comments:

Don Romaniello said...

Tell me more about number 5.

Rachel said...

uuuhhhh, you see, there was this townie, like....

Anonymous said...

Wow Reflection is a very good thing.Thank you for sharing your
life.It brings more quality to your life.I am trying to reflect on
the last seven decades of my life
from my diaries in NYC.Love Papa

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel: Glad you got back to your town safely. How's the gum?
Is the infection gone.

Yes, I too would like to know more about #5.

Love, MeMa

Anonymous said...

This is like, mad inspirational sis.

Anonymous said...

I didn't even know you had a blog! Now I must read.