9.12.09

Frightening Lives

At the very least, living in France has made me even more aware of what I'm putting into, on, and around my body -- in the form of food, body products, house cleaners, dishware, n'importe quoi (whatever). A short blog post by Paul Krugman of the New York Times, Cancer from the Kitchen, sums up my sentiments exactly when it comes to environmental toxins and how shockingly blase people are about ignoring obvious problems. It disgusts me and frightens me and makes me wonder how much damage I've already done.

2 comments:

Kiersten said...

How much damage have we done as a species?? 9 out of 10 babies are born with BPA in them... AH!

http://www.jsonline.com/watchdog/watchdogreports/78384027.html?msource=news1209&tr=y&auid=5684048

Rachel said...

yeah.... everything is becoming clearer to me as I'm buying more and more things locally, just by chance -- my honey, milk, eggs, most of my vegetables, my cheese, and my wine are all made within 60 miles of where I live. I'm spoiled and I don't even think twice about it, but I guess I'll have to when I come home...