5.8.10

Oh, fine.

I try only to have a blog when I'm on some kind of special adventure. Great things happen when you're overseas, things that deserve talking about and sharing, like watching drag races in Australia or rock climbing in France. At home, though -- eh. I don't consider posting about my sweet new haircut or, omg, those AWESOME cupcakes at Magnolia blog-worthy material. Next thing you know I'll be tweeting quotes from bums on the subway and there goes any respect for bloggish integrity, out the fenster.

But in keeping with the spirit of what I not-so-whimsically call my "New York adventure," I thought I'd revive the old public journal and start recording my experiences here. I've been up to some pretty neat shit lately, lots of it on my bike, most of it by accident, some it with other people. I work more or less 40 hours a week at the restaurant, and the rest of my time I spend exploring.

I'm keeping the thing in French, though; at least some remnant of my former life as a little Vosgien denizen will remain, if not the title -- "my daily, everyday life" just sounds a lot cooler in French. 

No comments: