17.4.12

Queens Botanical Garden

I took advantage of the nice weather this weekend and went on a couple bikes rides: one through LIC and Williamsburg, which was pleasant; the other to the Queens Botanical Gardens, in Flushing, which was horrific. Keywords: Northern Boulevard, LIE, potholes. Both rides left my calves in a sorry state.

But once I got there, life slowed down and I was met by my friend Liz, and we explored the tiny gardens.  There's not actually much to see -- at least not compared to the Brooklyn or Bronx Botanical Gardens, which are lush and large -- but the atmosphere was pleasant and quiet. There were robins taking baths in a stream, and lots of new greenery. I calmed down.

New ferns! 

Oh, Coon 

We saw a HAWK! I think it was a Pied Goshawk. 

 Strange bulbous plant in the "Chinese Medicine" garden

Surreal tree in a circle



No comments: