1.1.12

Slaycation

Much of my week off from work and school has been spent playing the new Zelda, Skyward Sword. I highly suggest it -- the swordplay is one-to-one, meaning that every stroke of your Wii Remote corresponds with a swordstroke on screen. You can block enemies with your shield arm -- and they can do the same to you. I've knocked over a glass or two just swinging around. It's an amazing game.

The week gave me and Don a good chance to catch up. Between rounds of slaying monsters, we cooked, cleaned, bothered the cat, explored. He had a couple great improv shows; I saw Angelina Jolie's new movie (written and directed, not acted), In the Land of Blood and Honey, with Megan and Emily. Don and I threw our first party: a New Year's Eve-Eve Indian Feast, which will probably now be an annual tradition. We made a long table out of closet doors and got take-out Indian from the restaurant down the block, served with our homebrewed beers, a black IPA and a Spiced Christmas Ale.


Christmas at home 

My dad creepin by the tree

The Indian feast aftermath

Our Christmas tree

And to round out the week of sloth and leisure, we spent New Year's Eve atop the roof of a friend who lives just north of Times Square, watching the fireworks and the ridiculous crowd below.

 7th Avenue before...

...and 7th Avenue after. 

The ball drop! And the packed masses below.

Fireworks! From somewhere near Central Park. 

Sometimes I feel too lucky. Happy 2012!





No comments: