20.1.12

Link to the Past

I've lived out my childhood dream.

I beat the final boss in Zelda.

And Don, I know we were supposed to be taking turns fighting him but I was on a roll -- though I am glad that you go to do the Fatal Blow.

I suppose that at age 10, it's understandable that I was unable to defeat the Dark Lord, pictured below in the pixelated glory of the SNES Zelda game:


So hard! Had to shoot him with Silver Arrows while re-lighting all the
 torches while also running away from the floor tiles falling apart at your feet!

But that I totally and utterly dominated Demise, the poorly-named, roid-ripped final boss in Skyward Sword? A surprise! We were equipped with 10 doses of heart-replenishing potion and had gotten Game Over four times, but it turned out he only had TWO modes, not three -- badass ones at that -- and by the time I deflected the last arm-crushing blow from his serrated-edge electric death sword, he had fallen over and I passed the WiiMote to Don and he delivered the final, fatal stroke. 



Man. The end of an era!

No comments: