3.2.10

Scraps

Pictures from snowshoeing the other day, which was generally good but somewhat monotonous, probably due to the slow pace set by my 60 year-old companions:

 
setting forth (from my apartment)


trekking site: on the border of Lorraine and Alsace
 

clomp clomp 
 

tundra
 

more tundra
 

Alsace

...................................


Turning 23 means that I've been consistently journaling for 11 years (golly gee, what a milestone!). My life, since age 12, has been more or less documented by my little hand in what is now a massive pile of spiral notebooks. I read back on some of the oldest ones awhile ago, and I didn't even recognize my voice, style, or handwriting -- cool! I wonder how old I'll have to be to be a stranger to my current self.

celebrity entry by Megan and Emily
 
remnants of the one fall day that happened to Gerardmer
 
my view

stolen from l'Imagerie d'Epinal

Meta-journalism exposition? Now that is meaningless.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Ohhh I love your pictures. I'd much prefer all that snow than the same shit-gray sky everyday during a Levittown winter. (Can shit be gray?)

Anonymous said...

Rachel- That is amazing , that you kept a diary for 13 years. That is precious. Keep them close to you.
As you may know I kept diaries for
53 years all my nyc life.I use them when I did my STM and DMIN and Phd degrees. Anyway your snow excursions look exciting.So you get bored with old folkes like me.God bless. Love- Papa

Anonymous said...

Glad to see me and Em's comment made the blogski!! Hahaha "they aint got shyt dat I want". I've yet to start a journal, get me a nice one for my b-day (26 days!!)

Kiersten said...

Yay Journaling!

To go back to our GirlsCamp convo about what happens to your facebook account when you die; what happens to your journals when you die?

I don't want to get all Anne Frank on this, but I'm not sure of I want my descendants reading about my college years...

Jenny said...

I love your pictures Rach!! Oh, and Happy Belated Birthday!! (I was on a long flight coming back from Thailand on the day...) I wish I had written in a journal all these years! It must be so fun to read the old ones...