20.11.09

Well!

About a month ago, I sent an article to More Intelligent Life, a "culture blog" put out by The Economist. I heard very little from the editor until a week ago, when she notified me that my article was in its final stages of editing and was about to be posted. I was browsing through the site today when I noticed that it had actually been published here.

I'm excited, of course (and always thrilled when I see scathing comments at the bottom of my articles), but am slightly miffed because she'd promised me that blog posts receive $40 from the company. It's only been a couple of days, but I'm waiting...

Which brings up another topic: how on earth do you protect your work when it's being published online? At least I have an email-trail of that monetary promise...

2 comments:

Kiersten said...

Read it, loved it. Make sure you get that $40. Don't let the economist screw you.

Rachel said...

haha, that WOULD be funny though