30.7.13

Vacation #1: Barrington, Rhode Island

Our house... the Barrington Beach Mansion




 First major vacation of the year: Don's family reunion in Barrington, Rhode Island. I met his
extended family, played a ton of pool volleyball, got iced, learned how to play hearts, got a tan, and made eggplant parm for 20+ people (killah!).


Storm approaches the beach

Pool volleyball! (not my photo)

Family porching (not my photo)


Newport cliff walk

Obligatory travel selfie

Don making a sandcastle with his cousins and aunt

Newport beach
The music room... with a horribly tuned piano


It was nice to feel a part of something other than my warped (if dearly treasured) New York world! -- part of my new second family, part of the beach and salt.

There is a subtle difference between tuning out to life's problems and facing them from a different angle, I think -- I would be watching TV all day if I wanted the former. Rethinking a career and life path is a panoramic, large-scale task, and is taking quite a long time -- I've only just started feeling the afterglow of my new job outside, and now I need to assess whether or not this change is something I want to preserve. (It is.) And the next step: exactly how to do that.

NEXT!


No comments: