15.6.13

Precarious

So I quit my job! And we got a kitten! And I cut my hair! And summer is here!

I feel a little crazy and I've been mysteriously anxious all week (well, not so mysterious: I have no income!), but I think this is all for the better. My moods have been in flux, but it's almost refreshing: to not feel dull, stressed, myopic. It's nice to feel energetic again. It's nice to feel the sun and get a tan!

Sebastian at 4 weeks (?)





I just want to make sure I can make rent and save up enough money for my copious vacations in August: a week of family reunions (mine and Don's); two weeks in Italy with the fam (Rome, Florence, Venice...!!); and a week in the desert at Burning Man (luckily there is only a gift economy there!). It's a big task for barely two month's worth of work...

As the wise and ridiculous Daft Punk put it: 

"If you lose your way tonight
That's how you know the magic's right."

Cheesy feel-good lyrics for a improbable summer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachel, I love your haircut. You did a good job and you look great!

Love you, Mema

Kiersten said...

Hair looks great, Rach! I'm thinking of chopping mine off too- as soon as school is over this week, so as not to frighten the students lol.

Everything is going to work out and you'll have the time of your life this summer :)