19.1.13

Homebrew Alley 7

Don and I are entering three of our brews into the New York City Homebrewer's Guild's annual competition, Homebrew Alley !

The grand prize is unbelievable: getting to brew 15bbls (beer barrels, or 31 gallons) of your recipe at Sixpoint Brewery. The first, second, and third prizes are markedly less astonishing (gift cards to local brew stores) -- but I'm excited just to enter, let alone even dream of winning. The only one that I think might have the best chance is our Stinky Cider, which we entered in the "Other (Cider)" category, since it's a traditional cider brewed with a weizen yeast. The Fat Wizard Wheat is in the "Weizen/Weissbier" category, and the Big Nuts Christmas Stout is in the "Russian Imperial Stout" category, both of which I'm assuming will probably have a lot of entries.

This is a big step in our brewing careers! I'm so pumped!

Fat Wizard Wheat, circa November 2012

No comments: