12.3.10

Small Triumphs

I made falafel from scratch and it came out perfectly. Use your brain for the measurements like I did and attempt the possible: chickpeas, cilantro, parsley, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, flour.

Both graduate school applications are DONE and SUBMITTED!

I found my score report today for the GRE and was pleasantly surprised: 98th percentile on both the verbal and analytical writing... 60th for the math (better than half, right?).

Told my students that Eurodisney isn't the only one.

.................

Funny conversation with my mom:

Me: They call me "Rachelle" at school.
Mom: Awwe, that's so pretty! I wish I named you that.
Me: Why didn't you?
Mom: I didn't know.

.................

I found the humming obelisk from "Space Odyssey: 2001"! Nah... it's just La Defense (Paris, Feb. 2010)

.........................

Yeah... I'm listening to The Pharcyde (thanks, Don!). 

.......................

Cool blog I found while looking for old pictures of Levittown (have to horrify the students somehow): Helquin Artifacts

No comments: