26.9.09

Je suis arrivée !

I have arrived! And thank goodness, after such a long and irritating journey... I'll add more details when I get proper Internet. I'n currently using the only Internet café in town (equipped with a French keyboard, as you can probably tell from my use of the accent aigu... I've never missed QWERTY so much), which took me a couple days to find. In a nutshell: Gérardmer is the Lake Tahoe of France, swelling to a population of 40,000 from a native population of 8,000 (old) people. The skiing is great, the hiking is great, the view from my window is incredible -- I may be slightly socially undernourished, but I certainly am getting in touch with my outdoorsy side. Hooray!

More to come in a few days, plus pictures. Au revoir!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aaaaaahhhh! You have updated your blog at last. We want to know more about your trip and your apartment. Do you have a roommate? Can you get an internet hookup?

Love,
Dennis, Bo, Emily